Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Making the bad into good....


So, I recently have realized that I needed more diapers due to Georgia needing a change MUCH more often than before. I went to diaper swappers, a popular "mommy site" for buying and selling new and used baby and small kid things. Sort of like a consignment store online. I've used it for years, and been fortunate enough to never get scammed. Well, my fortune ended, as I got scammed last week. I at least ended up with something, instead of just someone stealing my money (which has happened so many times to others). The something I ended up with was just not in the condition described, so the pics I saw were fakes, etc. I was disappointed, but lucky enough to have the minimal sewing skills required to shaped them up, the bleach required to clean them up, and the determination to make bad into good.

All of this set into motion what you see above. I went to Hobby Lobby to get some of the things I'd need to repair those diapers, and got the idea to figure out a way to make some bows.....cheap. Bows are sooo expensive, so I have a love/hate relationship with those suckers. I found some cute bling, and some feather boas (which is all the new rave in bows, now) and BAM! cute bows. Now I even have people offering to buy them! I think I'll have to perfect my skills before they are worthy of being sold, for sure, but they will work for Georgia....and Laney too! So the black and white bow I'd been on the hunt for finally exists, and it exists in the newest fashion. Yeah, just call me Super MOM!

And to think none of this would have happened had I not gotten scammed on Diaper Swappers. Now that is the story of how bad got turned into a lot of good!!!

We have our first football game on Saturday!! News and pics to come!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture, but could you make the bow BIGGER!
    Hah, couldn't resist. MQ

    ReplyDelete