Tuesday, October 5, 2010

It's been awhile since I last blogged. Football has gotten significantly better, however, it seems every Monday there is new drama. It's kind of just rolling of my back at this point because it is getting to be what is normal and expected. Yesterday they let one of the two coaches go from the Flag Team. He made a big cursing scene with a referee at the last game when his child was suspended for two games for choking another kid. Yeah, pretty sure those two needed the 'old heave ho' anyway. I was surprised by the behavior of both of them, but it's been escalating for some time now. Someone please shoot me if I mention playing football again next year. Kaleb is already looking forward to tackle, especially now that he is starting to have fun playing flag, but this sort of thing is just not for me and mine. They had a homecoming game, complete with queens, kings, dukes, duchesses, princes, and princess. It was so over the top, I kinda wanted to puke. But, in fairness, they did a relatively decent job a keeping kids from feeling left out/unpopular, and they did have a really good time. Our flaggers even almost won a game. They lost 12-14, which is the first game they've scored more than once in. Kaleb was named "Offensive Beast" for some great blocking for the runnning back, that lead, once, to a touchdown. I was proud. He is really starting to understand the game. :)

In other news, we recently hired a financial planner. Actually, he is a friend of mine from high school and a guy he went to college with that he's now in business with. I'm pretty excited about the prospect of an actual plan for our finances beyond how much money we'll spend on groceries this month. It's been a long time coming, but we just couldn't procrastinate it anymore. I think, especially Jeremy, is tired of seeing hard earned money just wasted away because we don't have any real goals or plans put into motion. It doesn't annoy me so much as it makes me worry. I worry about the future. The verse, "Who by worrying adds even one minute to their lives?" replays in my head quite frequently. Next week we meet with them again to start setting some goals. In the meantime, I've been tasked with gathering up everything that gives a picture of our lives. Everything. Yeah, it's not so much fun doing that. But I'll be significantly more organized after next week. :)

Georgia is fighting a cold, has been for like 10 days now. She's been sleeping until 9am occasionally, and last night I figured out why. She coughed from 330am to 430am. Yeah, I guess that means she'll need an extra hour of sleep somewhere. Poor baby. Just one of the many things in her path to becoming tough enough to survive being the baby in this house.

Jaylan is officially 5 and I am officially 32. Both our birthdays were last week. We had a nice home birthday party for Jaylan with church friends, school friends, work friends, and neighborhood friends. It was great. Of course the pinata I ordered about 12 days ahead of time did not get here until the next day. So the boys had a ball breaking that into a million pieces all by themselves on Saturday. Daddy seemed to rather enjoy it as well. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get them on the computer.

And this weekend in finally my Cathe Road Trip weekend. I am very excited. I lost almost all the weight I wanted to lose before going to it, so that is good for me. I still have another 10-15 lbs to lose to be back where I was before getting pregnant with Georgia. I'll probably hold onto most of it until I am done nursing. That's just the way it seems to go. I can't wait to meet Cathe, and have a mostly childless weekend. Jeremy and Georgia are going with me, but the boys are staying home with my mom. She's coming in on Thursday night and taking them to practice on Friday and their game on Saturday morning. I don't think I've mentioned to her that I am also the snack mom :) She's in for a full weekend. Hopefully she took Monday off from work to recover. It's only Tuesday and I'm having to restrain myself from beginning to pack. Yeah, I'm excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment