Monday, August 24, 2009

Missing tiny towns!

So I made it to drop of Kaleb. Traffic was insane. Really, I lived in Austin for 5 years, and I don't think I've ever been in traffic like this before. Bumper to bumper from basically our house to the school. I was shocked. The staff at school says it'll be like this the first week, but die down after that. I personally don't think they've considered the fact that their enrollment doubled from last year to this year. Time will tell. The bus gets here at 6:39am. Seems prudent to let him ride the bus if I have to leave the house at 6:45am to get him to school on time, no? Barf.

We've been home less than an hour and Jaylan has already asked me where Kaleb is, as if he wasn't with us when we dropped him off. I wonder what it is like in the brain of a three year old.

I'm so spent from the trip to take Kaleb, I think I'll take a nap. I'll probably wake up at 11am, just in time to leave the house to pick him up at 2:45pm. Yeah, did I mention we live 4.2 miles from the school? Barf. Luckily, however, next year, the school down the street will be open, and that is WELL within walking distance. Heck, I probably walked further after I got to the school this morning than I we will have to walk from home to school next year. I'm holding onto that, especially this week.

Kaleb wasn't worried about being late, and he was very excited to get there. A little worried about me because I cried a bit through the prayer we said after walking inside. He didn't say anything, but I saw the look on his little sweet face. He was very much looking forward to it and I am so glad! He walked right in and said hi to his teacher. That was all I saw before walking away. I feel like I'll miss so much now. That's silly, I know, but hey it is my first kid going to his first day of school. Isn't that how I am supposed to feel.

Now, to figure out what insane hour to leave to fetch him. Poor Jaylan may never get a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment